Tuesday, November 06, 2007

It's a GIRL!!!


I woke up this morning feeling like it was Christmas. Perhaps it was daylight savings or perhaps it was the anticipation but I couldn't sleep after 5:00 AM. I cuddled with my love and thought about how today was THE day. Today I'd find out if we were having a boy or a girl! Work was pointless and when we were at long last there with the ultrasound tech we gave her our instructions. If it was a boy we were going out for Thai at a restaurant called King and I. If it was a girl we were getting some food from a French delicatessen called Au Bon Pain. So we didn't want to know if we were having a boy or girl, we just wanted a restaurant recommendation. Our tech loved the idea.

I've heard many stories about how the position of the baby can make it impossible to determine the sex. Our little tadpole couldn't have been more obliging. Folded in half, we had a clear shot of the legs, the butt (SUCH a cute butt!!! Must be Brent's genes...) and all the space between. "I'd suggest going to Au Bon Pain for dinner tonight" the tech told us. Brent was beaming and I was thrilled.

There have been many times in my life when I've been happy but this is just... different. I thought I was blown away by the first sonogram. Then the first ultrasound. Now this. It just gets better and better. As I related all this to one of my coworkers he said, "And if you can imagine, it gets even BETTER!"

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Just wait until you actually hold your little girl in your arms. It's the most incredible thing. And it really only gets better from there. Yeah, you're up a lot in the middle of the night and you get puked on. But I've decided you can go for a long time on love and adrenaline.

Lisa said...

How true, how true, Chelsea! You really can't explain love for a child. It's just something you have to experience. There are no words strong enough to describe it. And you think you understand it while you carry this little being around for nine months....but then he/she is born, and this overwhelming love that you have never experienced before completely washes over you. I remember when Noah was born I couldn't believe that I could love somebody THAT much THAT quickly! We're so excited to add another girl to the brood of grandchildren. Congrats!