Before we even reached the pool, Liesel started kicking her legs and squealing. She was SO cute as she played with the beach balls and pushed Brent underwater. Liesel loved the slide and playing Humpty Dumpty. Whitney tells me she can sit Liesel on the edge of the pool and when she gets to "had a great fall" Liesel will push herself off the wall into the water. Sorry, but I think that's pretty dang cool. When Liesel gets really excited she just squeals and screams and there was plenty of that too. Sadly the family swim hours are changing from Friday to Thursday nights for the summer which is when we have our Addiction Recovery Group. With the swim lessons over, Whitney has promised to take Liesel to the beach to make up for it though.

As much as I love, love, LOVE Liesel's butterfly swimsuit with the fluttery straps and matching sunglasses, Gymboree has a new strawberry one. How freakishly adorable would my little strawberry blonde look in this? It's not only on sale, but an extra 30% off. Oh how tempting that is!!! But the pragmatic side of me says she already HAS a swimsuit, this one only goes up to 18-24 mo so by next year she'll have outgrown it. Even on sale I don't need to be spending money when we're paying off the last of the AZ house expenses. Truthfully, I'd much rather be debt free than almost anything in this whole world and this is a want, not a need. Not to mention the fact our landlord just notified us she's raising rent by $50. *huge dramatic sigh* I guess I'll just PICTURE her in it :)
3 comments:
Little girls bathing suits are my absolute weakness. Looking back now, I'd advise anyone to dress up their little kids as much as they can. It's a short and fleeting pleasure. I applaud your financial prowess though! I wish you could have your cake and eat it too. ;D
Way to practice what you teach Danika! I'm sure you looked fine in a swimsuit though. You look pretty hot at church anyways.
...or you could just do what I do and purchase it in a 3T for her to wear next summer....
Cute Liesel!
Post a Comment