Wednesday, July 08, 2009

A Little Anime

My sister Whitney recently posed this question to me: Who is your animation crush? Initially I was really thrown... how can you have a crush on a cartoon? But then she went on to describe her crush on Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid. She went on and on about his dark hair, rippling muscles and the Old English Sheepdog sidekick. So I thought about it and thought about it. My anime-man would likely be a Disney prince - classy yet timeless.

I have to hand it to Prince Charming. Any guy who understands the connection between shoes and true love is definitely a keeper. The only problem is that all he ever did was dance with Cinderella and then send his lackeys to work overtime to find her. I'm a girl who wants someone to FIGHT for me and Prince Charming isn't it. (Side note: have you ever noticed that he's never actually called Prince "Charming" in the movie?) Come to think of it though, Cinderella doesn't do much either. Her fairy godmother, the mice and the birds do the grunt work. She just kind of cries and acts helpless. So I guess they're a pretty good pair and I wouldn't want to break that up. Man oh man does my father in law typify Cinderella's father in law though! I swear he does nothing but dream of grandchildren.

I'm leaning a little more towards Aladdin. I love traveling and that magic carpet ride date was pretty dang sweet. He's kind of a social climber which bugs me a little but I guess that means he's ambitious which is important. I love that he had street smarts and was kind to animals. Plus Jasmine had hips and he seemed to go for that. Aladdin also had a sense of humor which is so very important in a relationship. So yeah, I definitely like Aladdin but that's based more on personality than looks. To be honest though, I haven't really found my animation crush yet. I still haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm sure he's out there... somewhere... probably in Asia hanging out with the totally wrong cartoon girl... like Hello Kitty or someone like that. Perhaps someday our paths will cross and then I'll just know he's the one.

Interestingly enough, when Whitney posed the same question to Brent he didn't even hesitate: Minmei from Robotech. No wonder he was all for me getting bangs. Living the fantasy?
Okay 3 people who read my blog, who's your animation crush? If it's a secret shame feel free to leave your comment anonymous... I won't judge.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

I liked He-Man 'til I found out he was gay... Tarzan is pretty good...

Ali said...

Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty. Hands down. He fights for you, he slays dragons, and he keeps his hair ken-doll smooth while he does it.

Yaaaooow-zaaaaa!!!

Reggs said...

OH man, the BEAST all the way!! RAWR!! I'm getting all happy just thinkin' about him. The part where the beast is all limp on the ground, and then he rises into the air and that light beams out of him and he transforms into my basic fantasy man. Ripped shirt and pants, and perfect features. DANG! Beast has it all. Could you imagine him in the bedroom? DAAANG!

The Wuehler Wireless said...

I liked Trent Lane from the cartoon Daria that aired on MTV in the 90's. He played sings and played the lead guitar in a band and had dark hair, tattoos and piercings. It is said that he closely resembled Jakob Dylan of the Wallflowers but is speculated that he was supposed to resemble Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails. He was pretty much a laid-back slacker which wouldn't do it for me now, but back in high school, I really didn't care. It was all looks for me.