
The girls and I went to Brigham City to visit some dear friends and celebrate Peach Days. My home ward bishop who later became our stake president, and is now again bishop is from Brigham City. He often talked about their peaches... usually on fast Sunday. He'd describe how you could take just one bite and the juices would drip down your chin. Visions of a bowl of fresh cut peaches and sweet cream danced in my head while my stomach rumbled on those Sundays. I of course have forgotten the spiritual message that went along with these stories. I was thrilled to experience these legendary peaches first hand.
Liesel went on her first carnival rides. She enjoyed the cars which just went around in a circle. Th

en she didn't enjoy them so much... not sure why. Then she cried to go on them again. We did the slides which looked innocent enough. It was midway down that I realized my extra weight was making us go faster. By the last bump we were airborn and I'm sure Liesel was wondering why I forced her onto something she wasn't so sure about in the first place.
Not only did I score some peach cobbler, but one booth sold fried Twinkies and I just had to try it. I had a fried Oreo at a street fair in NYC and looooved it. They dip it in batter, fry it and then put powdered sugar on top. I'm salivating remembering it. The Twinkie came with some jam too. I'm still regretting that Twinkie but I'm glad I tried it. I've heard fried Snickers are supposed to be amazing and someone told me about fried cheesecake. If I come across them, I'll definitely have a taste but I'll pass on the fried Twinkie.
No comments:
Post a Comment