Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hi Liesel

My name is Liesel, and I'm potty trained. It's been two weeks since I had my last relapse and even then it was in a Pull-Up. I guess I subconsciously traded naps for potty training but I think it's really a change for the better. Now that I don't have to wear Pull-Ups, I just feel free. I don't have any master plan per se, I just take things a day at a time.


You heard it here first folks! It's only been a couple of weeks but I'm cautiously optimistic Liesel is over the potty training hump. I'm sad she no longer takes naps but I'm more than happy to take the trade-off. She still wears a Pull-Up at night but she's been a champ during the day. First she stayed dry during a day at home. Then she stayed dry even when we spent the morning running errands. Last weekend she stayed dry while being in the car for 7 hours. I've high-tailed it out of a couple of places when Liesel stopped what she was doing and announced, "I have to go potty!"

When I'm running with her like an idiot through crowds to get to the restrooms she laughs and yells, "RUN! RUN MOM! RUN!!!" like a musher in a dog-sled race. You know how asassins always look for the exits when they go anywhere (well, according to the Bourne movies anyway)? I look for the restroom wherever we go. Interestingly enough, Liesel prefers to have her "privacy." She even asks for privacy when we're in a public restroom stall so I have to face the front door. If I turn my head to look at her she scolds me. On the flip side, when I have to go to the restroom and she's with me she says very loudly, "Did you go potty Mom? I'm so PROUD of you!" and then she cocks her head and smiles. People in surrounding stalls get a kick out of it.

I really am so very proud of her though!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay Liesel!! It REALLY is a milestone to celebrate. With EVERY child. And even more so with your LAST child, (trust me on this, I almost threw a party.) I personally think potty training is much harder on Mom's than kids. It's ten times more of a hassle to us, than them. They could care less if we have to change bedding, frantically run to the nearest disgusting, germ infested bathroom, or completely strip them from the waist down in said bathroom, (including the whole shoe ritual) because they wet in their pull up and although it's easy to tear a pull up OFF, you can't as easily put a new one ON. I hate pull-ups. I swear it's a scam by the diaper companies, seriously. Milestones you now have to look forward to? Buckling her own seatbelt, bathing herself, getting her own bowl of cereal,tying her own shoes (Jack proudly checked this off his milestone list this fall!) and having a truly useful blitz job as opposed to one you made up so it feels like she has responsibility. It may seem like these take forever, but before you know it, your first baby will be approaching 12 and about to pass the sacrament to you! Or in your case, about to go into YW's and beg you for a cell phone. It really does fly by. Congrats to everyone!

Katrina said...

Yay Liesel! Congratulations! I know that has to be a huge relief. I can relate to the frantic running to the bathroom. I, too, know where bathrooms are in every store we regularly visit. Hilarious that she cheers you on while you run!