Saturday, May 07, 2011

A Little Off The Top

Lately a lot of people have commented on how long Liesel's hair is getting. Although she rarely has it down, the ends were dry and frayed enough to warrant a hair cut. We decided to venture into the city and take her to Snippets. She got to sit in the police car chair and watch Elmo while she got a trim. In my humble opinion, all hair stylists should start their career at a kid's salon to earn their stripes. If you can do a good cut with squirming toddlers with next to no attention span, you can do anything. I really liked Liesel's stylist. She took one look at her hair and immediately knew what I wanted. Just a trim to keep the ends healthy and a little tapering and layering for texture.


Every other little girl in the salon was getting a chin length bob with bangs. One girl had raven black hair with adorable ringlets past her shoulders. All that loveliness fell in heaps on the floor per her mother's request. Logically I know a bob is probably the easiest cut for this age, but I'm in love with Liesel's locks. Doing her hair in the morning is part of our routine. When I get her ready for bed and take out her pigtails or braids, her locks fluff out. She runs around the house with her hair flying behind her and it's the most adorable thing and I just can't bring myself to cut it short.


No comments: