Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bring Your Kids to Work Day

As it is the day before Thanksgiving, the girls wore their pumpkin
sweaters. They're a veritable pumpkin patch!
Decorating hats. I think Liesel's an
up-and-coming "Happy Painter".
The girls had a rare opportunity to follow Dad around for a day. I think they envy his commute, as a train ride is much more exciting than being cramped into the backseat of a sedan. Brent's co-workers couldn't have been kinder. He tells me he received multiple offers to take the girls... permanently! He really enjoyed showing them off.

What did I do with a morning sans kids? I headed down to the Mag Mile for a little shopping. I ate brunch at the Oak Tree Restaurant alone which once upon a time would have made me self conscious. At this stage of my life, I just stared out the window and relished some quiet contemplation. No book, no bb, nothing to distract me from my own thoughts. Oh my, it was a piece of heaven on earth! I scouted out some of the stores I've been aching to see. Feeling bold, I stopped in at Jimmy Choo, Tiffany's and Burberry. 

Ireland got to work right away.
See? All the mail is delivered!
When I got back to Brent's work, the girls had found a little compadre and the 3 were running around squealing. They absolutely did NOT want to leave!  The promise of another train ride was enough to lure them away. Ireland fell asleep the instant we sat down, exhausted from all the excitement. Liesel chatted endlessly with her new friend (who happened to ride the same train). It was a magical day for all.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

No one ever tells you when you start on this track of motherhood, that you will miss desperately thinking a single thought to the period! Congrats on your time alone it sounds like heaven! And I love the sweaters. Sweaters!!