 |
She was so excited she could hardly
hold still for the photo! |
Perhaps it's because we had such a long, hot summer. Maybe it's because Liesel really thrives in a classroom. Or it could be Ireland was craving some time away from her big sister. Even Brigitta seems to like some routine built into her day! Whatever the reason, I think everyone is thrilled that preschool has finally, finally started! I have to admit I'm not
that mom who's eyes well up with tears as I drive away in my empty(er), quiet(er) SUV, contemplating how my baby has reached yet another maturing milestone. Nothing endears me to my kids quite like a little time away from them... and I'm confident they feel the same!
Back when Liesel was in daycare she'd jump right into the fray without looking back. Her first day of 4-year-old Preschool was no different. When we arrived, she enthusiastically pointed out her old 3-year-old Preschool classroom and announced she wasn't going to be going there anymore as she's now the ripe old age of 4. As Liesel sat criss-cross-applesauce on the rug in the middle of the room, she shouted out answers to the teachers questions and loudly laughed. After practicing a fire drill, it was time to go home and Liesel begged to stay.
 |
After she finished this puzzle, Liesel noticed a little girl
clinging to her parents in the corner. She went over and
offered her the puzzle. |
We all went to Panera for a cookie to celebrate. When the tinies are a bit older, I'd like to start a tradition of baking chocolate chunk cookies on the first day of school. I hope to sit down with them to chat about their day over a glass of cold milk. Let's face it, as long as I'm still nursing, that's just not going to happen but Liesel seemed perfectly content to pick out a giant cookie with MnM's. A table of elderly women who were clearly enjoying a lovely brunch had their day interrupted with my loud trio of energetic girls. They oohed and aahed over Brigitta's tininess, Liesel's hair and Ireland's hilarious running commentary.
The video is during roll call. The kids were supposed to raise their hand when they heard their name and say "Good Morning." You can see how eager Liesel is to participate! You can also see how she avoids sneezing on her hands only to wipe her nose with the back of one a few seconds later. Ahhh, at least she's trying!
2 comments:
So I always thought your girls were Brent's clones - but seeing this video, I see you in Liesel's face. What a cutie!
wow can't believe she is 4! That is great that she loves to go to school! I think I would cry. I cry just thinking that Carter has to start school in 3 more years :)
Post a Comment