Sunday, March 03, 2013

Tidbits

Family Movie Night is a big deal in this house. The girls take everything from the popcorn to the MnM's to the Root Beer to how we share the blanket very seriously. The one thing they DON'T take seriously? The movie. Brent and I are becoming experts on the G rated genre while the girls just enjoy their weekly dose of sugar. In this picture, I'd just pulled out the popcorn popper when Ireland ran to grab the heavy bag of popcorn kernels. 
Is there anything better than a bubble bath in the dead of winter? I think not.
Every now and again I take the girls out for some one on one time. Ireland loves the Olive Garden because they give her lots of (duh!) olives and the staff are always so nice to her. Oddly enough, Ireland could eat salad all day, everyday. 
At the end of this particular visit to the Olive Garden, as I was settling the bill, Ireland picked up her fork and announced, "Your in jail! Whatdya do? Whatdya do?" I laughed SO hard!
On our way into the house I showed Ireland how to catch the gently falling snowflakes on her tongue. It took a while to convince her to come in the house after that...
Every time I dress Ireland, I gather her shirt and then look at her through the neck hole. For whatever reason she thinks I'm hilarious and she always laughs. I'm going to be so sad when my daughters grow up and think I'm just weird.

The girls were taking a bath the other day and from down the hall I heard Ireland say to Liesel, "How do we get out of the bath?" A second later they both shouted in unison, "SAVE US!!!"

Aside from Family Movie Night, we never drink soda. Milk for breakfast and then water the rest of the day is the norm in this house. Whenever the girls get a sip of something carbonated, they call it "spicy." I love seeing them take a sip of Root Beer, grimace and then proclaim, "This Root Beer is spicy!"

We've developed a new game with Liesel to keep her occupied during sacrament meeting. Brent or I will draw a shape on a piece of paper and Liesel has to complete the drawing. At first we did simple things like a square, a circle and now we've started throwing in some squiggles and odd-shaped things to start her out. Today she turned to me and whispered, "I'm going to draw you something that you'll love, love, LOVE!"

2 comments:

Laney said...

The older Ireland gets the more Danika I see. I absolutely love her face in the jail picture. Such innocent happiness is fantastic!

Reggs said...

I laughed at the "whatja do?? whatja do??"
I love that I have implemented some jokes into Nielsen culture!!
And man she is a cutie pants. And yes, she looks so much like you!