Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tidbits

Ireland was fussing while I rinsed her hair. I told her I'd only been able to get the "sham" out but the "poo" was still left. She flung her head back and shrieked, "Get the poo out! Get the poo out!"

I asked Liesel where she would take the family on vacation and she said, "Hawaii." Turning next to Brent, I asked him where he would take the family on vacation and added, "If money were no object." Thoughtfully and slowly he responded, "I'd take everyone tooo..." when Ireland jumped in, "CANDYLAND!"

Whenever Liesel cleans her room she always wants to "surprise" me with the results. I have to hold her hand and close my eyes while she guides me down the hallway to her room. She beams while I gush about how tidy everything is and how hard she must have worked. The other day while Brigitta napped, I was taking a bath and Liesel and Ireland were constantly running in and out of the bathroom to chat with me which was letting out all my warm, steamy air. Just to give them something to do, I told them to go check out the kitchen because what I'd done in there was a "surprise". Seconds later, Liesel came bursting into the bathroom saying, "Mom? Did you really clean all that? Are you KIDDING me?!?!" I have to admit her enthusiasm about my job well done made me smile.

Ireland has a habit of commandeering my food. She particularly loves my yogurt and Brent walked by when she was really enjoying it. He said, "Ireland's eating all your food!" Ireland shot back, "You didn't want any!" She then offered me a completely empty spoon and I said, "No, that's okay" and she triumphantly repeated, "See? You didn't want any!"
She was really into that yogurt!
Liesel is drawing, drawing, drawing these days. I just have to share some of her masterpieces:
This is me on a bike. Do you like my helmet? And my personalized Mom bike? 
Liesel is also trying her hand at writing. This one says, "One day there was a girl. She invited a boy. The End." Apparently Liesel likes beefcakes!

I've told Liesel my favorite color is red. She drew me in a red dress with blue fairy wings. I'll never get tired of being told "I love you Mom!"
Sometimes I'm not "Mom" so much as "Danika". This time it's a rainbow colored dress and red fairy wings. I almost always get fairy wings. Unless I'm on a bike that is. Then I'm already covered for transportation.
Having scrubbed the kitchen clean and feeling low on energy, I took the girls out to Olive Garden for dinner. A couple of very old men with long, white hair, leathery tan skin, and tattoos aplenty were seated at the table next to us. Not being the most tactful toddler, Ireland took one look at the gentleman facing her and loudly said, "I don't like that guy!" Scandalized, I hissed at her, "Ireland! BE POLITE!!!" Without missing a beat, she tried again, "I don't like that guy pleeeeeeeeease?"

Liesel gave a talk in Primary on prayer. We'd rehearsed it a few times and she always stumbled over the word "sincere." That Sunday she was SO excited to sit in the chair up front labeled "Talk" and when it was time, she skipped right up to the lectern. I stood by her just in case she needed help, which it turns out she didn't. She even nailed the word "sincere" and she stopped mid-sentence, turned to me and proudly proclaimed, "Mom! I got the 'sincere' right!!!" It just killed me.

2 comments:

Sylvia-Louise said...

Hilarious! Tell Liesel I like beefcakes too!

Laney said...

Oh man! Ireland just cracks me up. B thought the please story was hilarious. Liesels art is fantastic. She's such a sweet girl. Love these tid bit posts the most.