I'm so crazy excited to share Ireland's 5 year photos. My sister Reagan shot them while we were in Maryland for Spring Break and this is a prime example of nepotism done right. I've looked at these over and over and I just can't pick a favorite because they are all so stunning. Let's begin with the traditional photos of the 5-year-old playing in my wedding dress:
 |
| Ireland had been in her pajamas when we did this shoot and I was about to run and get something else for her to wear on the bottom for this shot but Reagan stopped me. This is what kids wear! This is what kids so! My perfectionistic tendencies were making me cringe at the bright purple stripes but I decided to trust Reagan. She was SO right! |
 |
| I just handed Ireland the veil and told her to go ahead and put it on. Reagan caught this one as Ireland swept all that tulle behind her. |
 |
| I keep coming back to this one. Her expression seems to read, "I'm not doing anything!" |
 |
| I love it just as much in black and white. |
 |
| Again, the dirty socks were making me cringe but Reagan absolutely wouldn't allow me to change them out for fresh, clean socks. Ireland is a kid and the dirty socks attest to that fact. |
 |
| Ireland in a moment of contemplation while Reagan was setting up the next shot. |
 |
| I particularly love that Reagan got such an amazing variety and not the standard smile-and-face-the-camera shot. |
 |
| I really love that Ireland is facing away from the light in the next couple of photos. The identity of her future partner is in the dark. |
 |
| When Reagan asked Ireland to imagine her future husband, she was honest to goodness tapping her chin with that little finger. It was so cute. |
 |
| Sydney had been playing on my phone when she became aware of what was going on. She crawled right over to Ireland and before I could snatch her away so Reagan could continue working, Reagan took this one. I'm so glad she did! It speaks volumes about the sisterhood between these two. |
 |
| Getting a little tired- this was the last shot in this series. |
Reagan also took some photos of Ireland in this fabulous skirted cable-knit sweater that just said "Ireland" and "girly" and "sweet" and "Brent will get over how much this cost when he sees her in it" all at once.
 |
| The curve of her cheek, her button nose... she's still my baby. |
 |
| This look is so very Ireland. This is how she observes the world around her. |
 |
| On a typical weekday after the girls have a bath, and I've washed and dried Ireland's hair, she likes to run around with it down. It's like her own superhero cape. When she's outside and the sun strikes it, her hair looks like spun gold. It's hard to capture movement in photos and Reagan did it so well with these three. |
 |
| All that hair! This photo makes me smile every time I see it. |
 |
| The proof that Ireland is my girl is in the eyes. I LOVE this one! |
Ireland's birthday celebration itself was very low-key. She had breakfast in bed (this year's request was a breakfast sandwich, yogurt with fruit and orange juice). We planned to go to Cinderella with Liesel but Liesel was feeling under the weather. Interestingly enough, the short before the movie was Frozen Fever which is about Elsa wanting to celebrate Anna's birthday but too sick to do so. How very apropos! We tried a pie instead of cake and well, we may not be making that one a tradition. Ireland definitely wasn't wowed by a pie with candles and it was clear she would have preferred a cake of her own choosing.
My dear little 5-year old is such a treasure. She is complimented on her beauty every single day although it's more important to me and Brent that she be kind. Ireland has an innate sweetness; she's the cuddliest of all our girls, and her chest houses the world's most tender heart. When she isn't sobbing big, crocodile tears, she's happy and gregarious. I can't think of a person in the world that doesn't just love her to pieces and I know Ireland will make her mark here on earth. We are so very blessed to count her as a Wuehler.
Happy Birthday Ireland!
1 comment:
HOW do you not see that this child looks like you!? Seriously. Not just in the eyes. My green-with-envy monster reared it's head at the shot of you two and all that hair. Good thing you're so likable or I'd have to hate you a little. ;p
Post a Comment