Friday, December 11, 2015

Work Holiday Party

Since I spend most of my days in yoga pants and a hastily thrown up bun, I wanted to look good when we finally stepped out for a holiday party. I took advantage of my VIB Rouge status at Sephora and had my makeup done. I had showered, but let my hair down to dry naturally while she worked and then I was approached by another associate asking if she could do my hair. 

Never in my life have I had my makeup and hair done simultaneously! I felt so fancy, and as people walked in the store, they watched these women work on me. Oh it was fantastic! I'll probably never be able to afford the curling wand that woman used. She said when she saw me take out my hair, she knew she wanted to use it on me. I was happy to oblige.

The holiday party was such a success last year, they booked the same place this year. It was held at a place called The Bedford which is a reclaimed landmark bank. See the deposit boxes behind us? See the non-alcoholic drinks in front of us? Canadian sunrise for me, ginger ale for Brent.

Our favorite place to hang out is inside the vault. They still have the original door which is just crazy cool to look at. 

It's really intimate inside with candles and banquette seating.

It might sound strange, but Brent and I become somewhat anti-social at these things. We mingle for a while and then retreat to just hang out and snuggle in a corner. No kids, no pressing responsibilities, just beautiful ambiance and delicious food.
I don't know if it was the loud music, or something just didn't sit quite right, but near the end of the evening I wasn't feeling so well. It just so happens the car service sent a huge SUV for the ride home and I was able to recline the seat and just sleep.

We really don't go out all that often, but it's really nice when we do. I'm grateful for Brent's job and that he works for a company that does things like this. We look forward to it every year!

1 comment:

Laney said...

What a fun venue. You looked mahvelous! So glad you got some pampering and time with Brent.