Saturday, February 06, 2016

Daddy Daughter Sock Hop

From the moment we moved here, Liesel and Ireland became fast friends with the most adorable strawberry blonde named Brooke. They are three little peas in a pod and Brooke's mom Lindsey is one of those fantastic women you just want to rub shoulders with. She's funny, honest and tough with a profound testimony of the gospel. Any time we get a chance to hang out with them, we jump on it. Lindsey told me about the Daddy Daughter Sock Hop through the park district and after a bit of convincing Brent, we signed them up. I'm really glad we did.


As time goes by, it seems like it gets tougher and tougher to get some one on one time with the girls. We mostly end up doing crowd control and I feel like we need to do better at taking them as individuals. Brent had a lot of fun focusing on these two for a night. I thought the menu was pretty darn cute:
With New Beginnings demanding much of my attention, there was no way I was going to get around to making poodle skirts so what we had in the closet just had to do. I had the brilliant idea to do victory rolls in Liesel's hair but when I proudly showed my mother how she looked via facetime, she gently pointed out that was the wrong decade. Out came the victory rolls, and into a high pony tail with a scarf. At least we had the cardigans and bobby socks on hand! It was just going to have to do.

I know this isn't the best photo- a little blurry and cut off a bit there in the corner, but every girl should have a photo dancing with their daddy.


I love seeing Brent have fun with the girls. Such a good dad! He told me there were times he was slow dancing with both of his girls. It is his lot in life to always be surrounded by beautiful women.

Liesel and Ireland really got into the props.

I really love the jeweled glasses they decorated! So clever.

Not to rhapsodize, but I'm so grateful the girls have good friends like sweet Brooke. They make each other better, closer, and happier. I hope they continue to enjoy and support each other as they grow up. Life is tough, but it's not so bad with good friends at your side.

No comments: