With the results of her thorough research at hand, she again sidled up to the kitchen table and informed me everyone wanted to go. Knowing how expensive it can be, and not wanting to put a financial burden on people who had already traveled across the country, I told her it would cost too much.
"How much?" she insisted. I gave an arbitrary number, like $130.
She quietly slid down from the table and momentarily disappeared... until she reappeared with $.40 and asked if that was enough. Her cousin Paisley quietly reported that Brigitta had shaken that change out of her piggy bank- which we strictly use towards college savings.
I was about to break the sad news that $.40 isn't nearly enough to cover $130 when my magnanimous mother stepped in. She had talked to my generous father and they agreed to make up the difference. I was honestly a little annoyed when I called Pump it Up. Brigitta and I often lock horns over a battle of wills and I was losing this one. Maybe they were closed for the weekend. Turns out they were actually open, and had a punch card deal which would only set my parents back $30. Game point Brigitta. The grandkids got together and wrote a big Thank You note for Grandpa. I have to admit, everyone was ready to get out of the house.
Oh man, those kids had a BLAST!!! Every time I saw Brigitta, her cheeks were a touch more red and she was a touch more out of breath. Even Whitney and Tim seemed to have fun watching the nieces and nephews attack all those inflatables.
Piper and Paisley made a triumphant return to the rock climbing wall. Encouraged by cousins, aunts, uncles and grandma, Liesel and Ireland mastered it for the first time.
Sydney was really itching to get her turn and well, let's just say the rock wall was not quite to her liking.
I may never understand the appeal of these hurricane booths but the kids really love them. Piper cracks me up at the end with her thumbs up.
No comments:
Post a Comment