Sunday, May 21, 2017

When I'm Gone

I was released as Young Women President today. Never in my life have I experienced such a mixed bag of emotions. Weeks ago when Bishop confirmed I was moving on, I developed a migraine right after. Odd, since I've never had a migraine in my entire life. My sister Whitney is subject to them now and again, and she told me they often come on after a major stress is over. Well, that's par for the course. This calling challenged me in ways I could not have imagined. I never realized how much of my brain space was taken up with these darling YW and all this calling required.

I'm not even really sure what I said in my final testimony because I was a mess of tears and blubbering. I asked all of the girls to give me a hug before leaving and reminded them I'm not dying, just going to Primary, so I'm still around. Ugh, even glancing at this photo I just miss those girls!

I truly loved working with these ladies, especially my secretary Heidi who was released along with me. She has been my rock and has pulled me back from the cliff's edge countless times. With her help, we were able to accomplish so many wonderful things. I wish we could have served as mission companions because I know we would have set the world on fire. I'll miss her desperately when she moves to Oregon.

This was a heavy, heavy mantle and I'm grateful to have more time to focus on my daughters. I'm more determined than ever to prepare them well for their time in Young Women!

No comments: