Saturday, December 16, 2017

Winter Dance Recital

The girls did a wonderful job at this year's recital! I'm so proud of each of them for their dedication to dance. I'm also breathing a sigh of relief that we get a break from ubiquitous pick-up and drop-off at the studio. 

Let's start with Sydney who was by far the most excited about finally getting to be in hair, makeup and costume and getting her turn on the big stage.

She has truly loved her dance class and was so eager to get on stage!

She loved getting roses from Dad and, let's be honest, really dances for him.

I can't believe that Brigitta is now a seasoned dancer with a couple of recitals under her belt already. She again danced with her friend Amelia and they were adorable.

She, too, dances mostly for Dad and her eyes just light up when he gushes.

Last year they moved Ireland up into Liesel's class and I had more than a bit of trepidation about that shift. I don't want my daughters to be compared to each other but her teachers insisted she was ready. This year, Liesel bumped up again and Ireland was in class with just one other girl.

Rather than feeling bad that she wasn't picking up the choreography as fast as her sister, Ireland was free to just enjoy dance on her own level.

Liesel is running with the big dogs- girls who have been in dance for years and now that I think of it, she's been in for quite a while now too. All the girls in her ballet class also take something else like jazz/hip-hop, lyrical or tap. Liesel doesn't let that intimidate her one bit.

Watching our girls dance is always fun, but there are so many families from our ward who have daughters enrolled at the same studio, there's hard a number in the program without someone to watch out for. Amelia positively brought down the house with a number to Katy Perry's "Firework" and I found myself tearing up watching her dance do confidently across the stage.

I'm so grateful these girls have so many positive friends around them. I love these bun heads!

I'm glad they have dance as part of their lives.

Even if it can get a little crazy!



No comments: