Sydney really lucked out for her preschool field trip because the weather was just beautiful. Ireland and Brigitta's trips were cold and drizzly. We debated about what Sydney should wear and she insisted on shorts and her "pretty" shoes which became so trashed, we had to throw them away. She relented on a sweater and I relented on her hair.
I've always found this field trip interesting because the owners of the orchard are unabashedly Christian. They talk about God's glory during the informational video and I brace myself for some kind of backlash, but after 3 visits, I've never heard any!
Sydney loved the hayride but was pretty eager to get the apple picking part over because the sun was in her eyes.
The week before the field trip, the teachers coached the kids on apple picking and how you don't tug, you twist until it falls off. That way there is minimal damage to the tree and it doesn't knock other apples to the ground. Sydney found an apple that she had to twist and twist and twist until I relieved her and man, that sucker did NOT want to let go! Eventually we got it and she happily added it to the little pile in her bag.
I love that tiny fist!
Sydney was pretty proud of herself.
Royal Oaks has a petting zoo, carousel, playground, and of course a store. I was excited to do some shopping but I knew Sydney needed to see what there was to see first.
The train wasn't running regularly so we rushed over when we saw a group boarding. Sydney barely made it and she was so excited to ride with her little friends! Somehow she ended up with all the boys.
I've had a suspicion that Noah, (the one she spoke so disdainfully about here), has a crush on her. My suspicions were confirmed at the Ice Cream Social. We headed to the car when Noah called out to Sydney and motioned for her to come over to where he was on the swings. Then he went in for the hug, which you can see Sydney grudgingly reciprocated.
We picked up some apple cider donuts, pumpkin flavored syrup and a rhubarb pie to share with the family at home. YUMMY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment