With the new policy allowing youth to begin doing baptisms for the dead in the year they turn 12, we were eager to get Liesel in for a session. We wanted her first time to be special, just with us. Between Chicago and Nauvoo, Liesel decided to go to the Nauvoo temple. We scheduled for the 3-day weekend of Martin Luther King, Jr Day but there was a really, really bad storm and they closed the temple down. We rescheduled for 3-day weekend of President's Day. Grandma and Grandpa watched the 3 little girls while Tim and Whitney came with us. Even though we were a small group, the temple president came down and spoke to Liesel. I don't remember what he said, but I remember he was so kind and loving. Even so, Liesel was really nervous and I'm glad we were all there to support her.
The stained glass in the baptistry is absolutely stunning!
Of course it was freezing so we just snapped a couple of photos. I can't get enough of Brent's delight in this photo:
Both Brent and Tim baptized her while Whitney and I served as witnesses. Much to Tim's delight, there were several French names.
Afterwards we stopped at a Taco Bell/KFC that was weirdly out of pretty much everything. They didn't have ranch sauce or fries and their coke dispenser wasn't working... we were like, "What DO you have?"
Anyway, we had a great time with Liesel and we all probably needed that trip to the temple much more than she did. Funny how that happens, eh?



No comments:
Post a Comment