Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Tidbits

On one of our bike rides Ireland spotted this puddle she just couldn't resist jumping in. While the rest of the girls rode home, we pulled over so I could snap some photos. 

This one is my favorite. Reminds me of Super Mario.

Like many families during lockdown, our friends got a dog- a shitzu named Benny. Gita was in love when she finally got to meet him.

I'm an executor of my parent's estate and so I get emails from the funeral home they've chosen. I received this one right in the middle of lockdown. Someone needs to talk to their marketing department because this was a little disturbing to find among my emails. 

Sydney asked to try on my glasses and then said, "Do I look good? Or do I look awesome?"

We've done some sacrament meetings at home and the girls created their own lectern to give talks. 

Eventually they added a microphone as well.


We always put Sydney in charge of the music and Liesel helped her play the songs from her Chromebook.

Ireland's Greek Mythology puppet assignment was Hestia. She was a beautiful woman who maintained fire everywhere so Ireland gave her a shimmery aluminum dress and a torch. 

With so many schools going remote, there was a lot of advice from parents who homeschool. This one cracked me up- it was an article with kid's reactions to that advice.

At the end of the school year we had to stop by the school to pick up items from the girls lockers and desks. We were supposed to drive up with our trunk open but I knew the girls would want to see their teachers, not try and yell out the car behind tinted windows. I decided to take the Mustang instead and the girls were delighted to wave to everyone. Supplies could easily be dropped in the front seat- as contactless as you can get these days!

Vanessa brought these huge bubbles to my attention and I got the wand and powder for the girls for Easter. One day when work was particularly demanding and I just needed the girls off my hands I mixed it up and then had a hard time concentrating as they made wonderous bubble creations.

So pretty!
Sydney has been losing teeth like mad lately and one was lost in the backyard. The Tooth Fairy found it and paid her accordingly which made Sydney wonder how she knew it was her tooth. This led to a conversation about DNA and how reading her DNA can tell someone that she's a girl and that she has blue eyes. Sydney interrupted, "And that I'm beautiful?" Yes Sydney, your DNA tells us that you are beautiful- haha!

The girls built forts and made up puppet shows. This one really cracks me up because that whole kissing thing is just so foreign and ridiculous to the girls.


No comments: