Friday, July 23, 2021

Urban Air


You'll never regret facing a fear.

I feel like I've been saying this to my daughters a lot lately. This summer I've seen them hesitate at ziplining, the high dive, and again when they were strapped into various harnesses at Urban Air. It's something I believe with my whole heart- there's nothing more empowering than overcoming a fear. 

See that picture of Ireland up there? The last time we were at Urban Air I kept challenging her to go one more step. Just one more. She was shaking and on the verge of tears but she went as far as she could. This time, there was no limit. With her big sister cheering her on, she made it to the very top. 

Now let's talk about this cutie pie waving up there on the platform.

Even though Sydney watched her sisters and cousin brave the sky rider, she kept losing her nerve at the last minute. Fortunately, Brent joined us for a bit and he along with Liesel gave her the encouragement she needed. It's funny, for the most part the girls come to me for pretty much anything but now and again they just need their dad. At long last, little Sydney flew through the air with the greatest of ease.


She loved it so much she even went a couple more times! 

Liesel is naturally full of chutzpa although you can see she gets a little nervous at the bottom of that split. When we were kids I convinced Reagan to try to stand in some ring like this and not only could she not stand up, she couldn't get out of them either. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard in my life. Liesel makes it look so easy!
 
Liesel was also pretty comfortable scaling the various climbing walls.


She seemed rather at home up there.

Brigitta is straight up dauntless. I don't know if she even has any fear in her which makes me fear she will never find her limits and end up in a wheelchair. Ha- I guess I need to face that fear?

Gita loooved the climbing walls and spent most of her time here- triumphantly perched on top of the world.

She comes by it honestly though.

Love that smile she throws me over her shoulder while precariously balancing on those blocks!

Everyone had fun but the kids were good and hungry by the time we left. That's the thing about facing a fear- all that adrenaline takes its toll!

No comments: