Brent and I try so hard to send our girls out into the world having had the best morning possible. Even though I wake them with hugs and kisses and we leave ample time for scripture study, somehow it always ends up being a rush. Someone is always fussing and fights break out regularly. Morning prayer is the one time we ask the girls to kneel and for some reason that is so onerous to them. Is it really too much to ask that we kneel in prayer as a family? Really?
This catch by Harline in the 2006 BYU vs Utah game came to mind. If he had remained standing, he might not have caught the ball and won the game. His decision to kneel during that catch won BYU the game. I truly believe the act of kneeling is not only humbling, but empowering. It puts us in a position to immobilize ourselves for just a moment, and prepare to receive God's power so that we may be His instruments.
This was also a personal reminder to try and not let the girls actions frustrate me so much. I found a call to action as I rewatched the final moments of the game. Instead of driving the Spirit further from my family by yelling at them, I need to set an example. I need to kneel and be patient. Also- GO COUGS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment