I'm pretty sure when we eventually move from this home, I will have changed the paint color in every, single room. The office was no exception as the orange and olive green combination cast a depressing, drab light over what is supposed to be a productive work space. With Brent headed out to visit family in California for a long weekend, I had my chance and man alive, did I grab it.
Before:
After:
We still have no idea where the stain on the ceiling came from- it seemed to appear out of nowhere. Yet again I ended up painting a ceiling. We had budgeted for the paint, but I took a risk in replacing the blinds as well. The blinds on the left window were broken- the string inside had been cut somehow. The other two were old and would never raise quite right so they were always crooked and sad-looking. I splurged on cordless, blackout, cellular shades but mixed up measurements and the middle window shades were too short. However- they were the exact same size as our bedroom windows upstairs. So then I ordered more shades for those 3 windows and well, I spent a pretty penny. It was so worth it though! We love the shades both in the office and the bedroom.
After:
The colors for the walls changed from hideous orange and despair green to Benjamin Moore's Decorator's White (which I've used throughout most of the house) and New York State of Mind. I'm in love with that blue color- it's so beautiful!!! We moved the bookshelf to the basement which immediately decluttered the space. It ended up being a catch-all space with all the shelves and I'm really glad it's gone. Eventually we will put a murphy bed against this wall so the office can double as a guest room when needed.
Before:
After:
Oddly enough, I never noticed the crown molding much when the orange color theoretically should have made it stand out more. However, with clean white walls and a fresh coat of glossy paint on the molding, it's one of the first things my eye is drawn to when I walk in the room.
After:
The vent cover has been a bit of a saga- the one I ordered came in wrong, then the right one came in but the dimensions were wrong (the website stated it was 32" long when it was only 30" leaving a huge gap), so now I've ordered yet another one that hopefully will work. Aside from the murphy bed, I'd like to have a transom above the French doors. We desperately need new cabinets and desk as it sits way too low and the cabinets are falling apart. I'd also like to get radiant flooring. See why I couldn't completely finish the office? I have big dreams for this space. Eventually, it's going to be amazing and getting the color right was a big step in that direction. Brent loved it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment