After a summer Marvel movie marathon with Ireland and Liesel, I promised to take them back to the exhibit at the MOSI so they could more fully appreciate all the props from the movies. When we discovered Liesel's 8th grade field trip landed on the same weekend, Gita happily stepped in to take her place.
We enjoyed the MOSI for a while before our timed entrance into the exhibit. Ireland was excited to take a picture with these switches as she'd read The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind in 5th grade EC. I sent it to her teacher to let her know what an impact she's had on Ireland and she responded right away saying what a joy she was to have in class.
Taking time to catch a butterfly.
This is another one we've passed by lots of times and I never really noticed it much. It looks like one big cable but it's actually thousands of tiny cables bound together. I feel like there's a lesson there- about how we are much stronger when we hold fast to one another in one purpose.
We always stop by and check in on the baby chicks, but I've never bothered to read the plaques on the walls. I have to wonder what goes through the mind of a chick inside that egg and how they decide to just start pecking their way out. I wonder if there's ever been a particularly introverted chick who tried to stay inside as long as possible.
Brent has done the mirror maze with the girls before but I never had. It doesn't cost extra but it requires a timed ticket and we had loads of time so we went. It's such a mind bend!
I felt incredibly peaceful walking through the mirror maze. There was a guy a bit ahead of us and I kept spotting him in the reflection even though I couldn't entirely see where he actually was. In this picture below you can see we are pretty close to the end. This was so pretty to walk through- we will definitely be coming back!
Ireland had her wingspan scanned and measured.
This exhibit focused on patterns that are repeated in nature. I found this so fascinating- that the length of a string corresponds to the most pleasing sounds in a piano. There really is a beauty to math and how things can balance and correspond.
We tried our hand at composing here, apparently music often has symmetrical notes that go up and down. I'd never noticed that either!
There was a temporary food court set up outside by the Smart Home so we grabbed some snacks and hung out for a bit. Ireland found a friend to chat up.
Ha! No seriously, this was a lovely place to sit while hamburgers and hotdogs were grilled. It was such a lovely fall day.
At long last, it was our turn to head in to the exhibit!
I found this fascinating- the very first comic characters were embodiments of fire and water. During WWII they teamed up to fight Hitler and the Nazis. Sometimes having a common enemy can bond people who otherwise would forever be at odds.
This go around, Ireland was most excited for this part of the exhibit. Black Panther is her favorite Marvel character.
Wakanda Forever!
Peace-in out with Spiderman.
Ireland also loves Nick Fury (and his eye patch). You can tell by the way this costume almost hangs off the mannequin that Samuel L. Jackson is a big, tall guy!
Iron Man! That original suit is just so dang cool up close.
Love the bullet hole in this one.
Weilding Mjolnir- They are worthy!!!
Not that they don't have their dark sides.
This was probably closest to our hearts because it's the most recent Marvel movie to come out. The movie has such a great message for sisters and girl's empowerment.
I tried to get a video of Ireland doing the hair flip but it was too dark. "Such a poser" Haha!
Gita has been working on her bow and arrow so I challenged her to try it in front of the poster. She hadn't stretched out and she kept falling over.
Ireland helped her out and when we were done taking these photos there was a small crowd of people just watching her. I still can't believe she can do this kind of thing either. When I sent this photo to my sisters, Whitney texted, "Holy moly!! I didn't even register that it was her foot above her head at first!" and Reagan said, "WOWWWWWWWW!!!! Amazing extension!"
Gita was pretty annoyed with me so she didn't want to help Ireland on her bow and arrow. She did pretty good though and again, wasn't warmed up or stretched out (and in jeans).
Ireland's idea for the next movie is to have a female Thor and Loki.
Gita thinks they need to do a movie expanding on Pepper Potts as the new Iron Man. Hmmm, I'm seeing a theme here...
We spent a fair amount of time in the Dr. Strange portion of the exhibit. It's a really cool space!
This corner with mirrors was a fun place to pose and by now they were stretched out enough to do some scales.
This is what we waited around for. Ireland and Gita wanted to do a boomerang and make it look like they were opening a portal. It was pretty sweet!
Given their desires for more female superhero figures, it's no surprise they wanted to pay homage to girl power with Captain Marvel.
I managed to miss this one on the last couple of visits so we had fun taking some slo-mo videos of the girls taking on Thanos.
This otherwise empty hallway was suddenly full of people wanting to take the exact same picture when we finished.
Fist bump to Ms. Marvel.
I think Groot is one of the most dynamic characters in the MCU because he truly changes from being old and wise to just a naïve baby to a mouthy teenager. I've loved watching him!
I can understand her because I took this language as an elective- haha!
For the very last time, we left the exhibit having enjoyed it so, so, so many times! It has hands down been our favorite special exhibit at the MOSI.
It's been so cool to mingle among the relics of heroes and villains.
Just like Liesel, we had to get prints of their own comic cover.
Between our very first visit, binge watching the movies all summer and this final visit, the MCU has definitely been an adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment