Tuesday, August 23, 2022

First Day of School

Liesel was the first to go back to school. I'm not one to cry when the kids head back, I'm usually relieved to have a quiet house again. However, high school is kind of a big deal and I felt nervous and anxious for her. Turns out I didn't need to- she eased into high school like it was nothing!


I ran into her bus on my morning walk so I got to wave goodbye twice!

School is one thing, seminary is another! Brent and I kept telling her we completely understand how hard it is to get up at the crack of dawn to crack open those scriptures. Super proud of her for that. Early morning seminary really is a badge of honor and let me tell you, Liesel is earning that one!

This is the only year of her formal education that Ireland will not have a sibling in the same school with her. Last year she had Liesel and next year she will have Brigitta. But for the 7th grade, Ireland gets the middle school all to herself and I think you can tell how excited she is about that prospect!

She had left all her school supplies (including her backpack) in her locker during locker set up so she skipped onto the bus unburdened.

I should probably mention that for this first day of school I actually had to go in to the Chicago office. Brent was the one to get the youngest 3 launched and I have to say, he did a great job! This year Gita gets to rule the school in 5th grade


And then little Miss Sydney will be working hard in 3rd grade. 


One lovely side-effect of the pandemic is how grateful and excited the girls are to go to school. Especially without masks. It's funny what becomes a blessing when it's been taken away for a while. Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone?

No comments: