Monday, October 31, 2022

October Tidbits

The Sisters joined us for General Conference and as we listened to the talks, I had the girls organize and put away all the American Girl Doll clothes and accessories. 

Per tradition, I also made bread!

There's something about how Sydney stumbles into the office all groggy in the morning to say hello. I've usually been working for a couple of hours but I have to stop for a moment because she is so snuggly when she's half-asleep!


Sydney mentioned another girl joined her dance group at recess. I didn't even know she had formed a dance group at recess... but she said this girl is in cheer so she's doing ok. Apparently she really improved after Sydney gave her a 1:1. I'm a little worried she's the bossy kid on the playground! The funny thing is that of all the girls she's arguably the least dedicated to dance. She goes, but it isn't the big thing it is for her sisters. So this news was a little bit of a shock.

While this bike trail wasn't my favorite, the sunset was pretty spectacular!

Ireland grabbed my favorite sunglasses. I prefer aviators because they are such a classic look. The hue happened to match the shade of her sweater perfectly and I had to snap a photo!

After church Ireland got into the car with a treat cup full of pretzles, cookies, etc. 
Ireland: I'm gonna go find Gita.
*I glance at the treat cup. Ireland clocks it and grabs the mega stuft Oreo.*
Ireland: I'm gonna go find Gita.

You can see the leaves starting to turn on this gorgeous, gorgeous day!

We really enjoyed Liesel's first choir concert. She had to wear all black but it had to be modest so I scoured dresses with a vintage silhouette and found this one. She stood out to me in that crowd- she suddenly looked so grown up, so tall, so beautiful, so sure of herself. When did that happen? The words from Fiddler on the Roof came to me- When did she get to be a beauty? When did she get to be so tall?

A friend from church who also has a teenager in choir mentioned how she stands out on stage- just so confident and radiant!

My company is closing their Chicago office and selling off the furniture. Brent and I jumped on a couple of standing desks and monitors with monitor arms. We headed downtown in the truck early on a Saturday to pick them up. I'll miss going into the office now and again with the fantastic view of the Sears tower right next door.

We wandered over to Brent's office to grab some drinks and snacks for the road. On the way back to the truck we noticed the moon was shining, even in the middle of the day. It looks so small in the photo...

...it looked so much bigger in person!


I saw a TikTok challenge where two people spin around 10 times and then try to kiss. I decided to make the girls try it and then realized it doesn't work with dancers who are good at spotting.

Somehow my talk to text turned on one Sunday and this is what it prepared to respond to Brent. The girls got a good laugh over it.


I love fall in this part of the world!


Ireland is always game to go with me on an early morning walk when it's still dark out and then watch the sun rise by the lake. I really love that about her. As the sun's rays warmed up this weeping willow I asked her to pose and this is what she gave me- cheeky!

Sydney was pretty thrilled to find a new book series. Wonder why...

On my birthday I took the day off work and knocked out visits to my PCP, dentist and OB. I had to get a blood draw and it was awful. They had a hard time finding a vein which seems to be an issue with me lately. Still, I'd rather get a poke and know I've done everything I can to stay healthy than to just ignore things and hope it's alright.

I know I'm posting a lot of pictures of the lake by our house- but it's so beautiful!
Especially bathes in an autumn sunset.

No comments: