Monday, July 17, 2023

BYU Cheer Camp

 Brent and I parted ways this summer when it came to the BYU camps. Liesel and Ireland weren't as keen on the Cheer Camp so we switched tacks to Cougarette Camp for them- which is purely focused on dance. Sydney and Brigitta loved Cheer Camp and besides, there's no equivalent of Cougarette Camp for the younger kids. Last year one camp followed another but for whatever reason, this year they were several weeks apart. With Liesel and Ireland at Spanish Camp and Brent taking Sydney and Brigitta to Cheer Camp, I would have the house to myself. I could focus on work and relax a bit. Not that I wasted it! I used the opportunity to shampoo the carpets and man oh man, they needed it! I was also able to have a quiet house to myself and just mentally reset in the middle of an always hectic summer.

Brent was really excited to take this trip! He really thrives whenever he visits Utah- just so many fantastic memories! He was excited to spend time on campus again and get to attend Music and the Spoken Word which really is balm of Gilead to the soul. 



Sydney and Brigitta were so excited they were literally skipping through the terminals.

They made some cute friends.

Worked on some flying.

Fan-girled a bit. This cheerleader is named Ammon (who happens to be my favorite prophet in the Book of Mormon). He's also an incredibly nice person so the girls really like him. Brent sent me this picture and it positively made me smile.

They spent hours and hours on campus outside of camp. We do whatever we can to infuse that Y spirit in them!

Brent managed to take the girls to some fun eateries and visit some old friends. He hooked me up with an even better hotel than I was planning for my visit which was nice. The girls really enjoyed the pool!


They came back refreshed and full of stories to tell me! It was a win-win!!! 

No comments: