Monday, September 30, 2024

September Tid Bits

 We had some spectacular sunrises in September!



There's a few spots in the gates of Lakewood where the huge oak trees create the most beautiful canopy overhead. Walking under this I feel somehow protected.

Ireland was inducted into Tri-M which stands for Modern Music Masters. 

I was happy to see my alma mater top this list!


I went to my very last Open House at the elementary school with this little cutie.

Her Extended Curriculum teacher is a huge Harry Potter fan and the entire classroom is decked out with HP decorations.


The mascot is named "Whiskers"

Brent and I made it to the temple!

Usually I'm able to get the Wordle pretty fast because Katrina sends me her results for the day. We both always start with ADIEU and then STORY to knock out all the vowels. Well on this day, she hadn't sent me her results yet so I tried a different word that incorporated the E and I got it!


But yeah, on days she sends me her results first, I can get to the word a little faster.


Brent was having a fantastic hair day and I had to document it because he's not really into doing his hair much.

Look at those luscious waves!

Liesel's friend got a fake baby to take care of for a few days. I have never seen her so tense! They'd just come from a football game (yes, she took the baby with). Apparently it's programmed to detect shaken baby syndrome and if that happens, it's an automatic F. She made it, but it was a looong weekend for her. I couldn't help but smile. Oh yes, babies take so much more work than at first blush!

I picked up a lot of fun treats from Trader Joe's. The pumpkin pancakes were delicious but the maple leaf cookies were by far the favorite! Sadly they were only in stock for a few weeks.

We tried the filter that shows what Brent would look like without a beard. He's keeping his beard.


I'm not usually into brightly colored flowers but the dahlias were so beautiful, I had to give it a try!

The lilies were a favorite this month too.


I've done a similar combo of these flowers before and this arrangement turned out ok, but it wasn't my favorite somehow.

No comments: