They say every pregnancy is different and I am coming to realize the veracity of that statement. Even though I don't weigh any more than I did at this point in my pregnancy with Liesel, I'm FEELING it a lot more. I remember cruising into my third trimester wondering why people said it would be worse than my nauseous, exhausted first trimester. That lasted about 3 weeks and then my awkward body shape and extra weight really started to take it's toll on my hips, back and shoulders. Not to mention Liesel's penchant for lodging herself right into my ribs. For whatever reason, with two more weeks until I even START my first trimester, I'm feeling the aches and pains much more acutely this time. Again, I weigh the same as I did at this point in my last pregnancy, but my body seems to be groaning a bit more with this one.
Sunday night I was tossing and turning to find a comfortable spot. Brent asked me what was wrong and I told him, adding how frustrating it was to not get a good night's sleep for nigh on a week now. As I lay on my left side (like they tell you to), hugging a body pillow, with my head on my own pillow, I felt Brent stuff something around my lower back to give me support and make me more comfortable. It worked and I drifted off. It wasn't until my routine 5 AM bathroom run that I looked over and noticed Brent was sleeping with no pillow at all. He had taken his own pillow and given it to me so I could sleep.
Forget fairy tales girls, THAT'S true love.
2 comments:
I hear you. My second pregnancy left me feeling way more like an old lady than the first. Lethargy and soreness all over! Wherein the first time around I thought what's the big deal? (well, except for the heartburn...) I thought it was just because I was older. Best of luck these next three months! Maybe we should get together before your new baby arrives?
Amen to that. I also hear that when your three year old wakes you up at 2:00 in the morning, doubled over and smelling of vomit, true love is saying, "Just go back to sleep, honey. I'll clean it up."
On a side note, my dad read the poem, "How Do I Love Thee, Let me Count The Ways..." as part of his proposal to my mom. Every time I see that phrase it makes me think of them. :)
Post a Comment