Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The Mother of All Melt-Downs

I don't think I got enough sleep last night. The apartment was unusually hot and both girls fussed well into the night. It's going to be over 100 today so I arranged as many activities as possible to be in air-conditioned places. This morning we went to the aquarium which was obnoxiously busy. As we observed the fish in the large tank, I overheard a teenage boy dropping the f-bomb and I absolutely lost it.

"Language please!!! There are toddlers present!"

He apologized right away but his friend turned slightly away from me and shook his head as if my request was out of line.

"So help me if she starts using that word I'll cut off parts of your body!" I yelled after him. He turned around with wide eyes and apologized as well.

For the record, I think I could have taken them. In the meantime, I'm going to catch a nap.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

you go, girl!! that's awesome and hilarious.

Faye said...

Good for you! I personally think that what you did was needed.

Katrina said...

Oh, that is when you know that you are truly a Big Person. I threatened to call the cops on a bunch of teens who were being obnoxious and sitting in the toddler swings.

I have become what I despised.... OH WELL! ;D Move your a** or I'll have the cops here faster than you can say "Bobs yer Uncle" and he'll round up your little buddies here too that think its so funny!

russia boy said...

Go get'em Danika!!! I wish I had more guts in those kind of situations.

Reggs said...

You. Are. AWESOME!
What are teens doing at the aquarium anyway?? I'm sorry but I hate teenagers. I hope you get to cut off a body part.