Liesel's 3rd birthday was pretty low-key. We took her to Rainforest Cafe for lunch. What a perfect place for little kids to eat! Between the fish tanks and electronic animals, there's plenty to keep a 3 year old and 1 year old entertained. If one of them starts fussing, it's loud enough that no one notices. Even if they do, it's usually pretty packed with families. We decided to forgo the little birthday sundae and we all shared the volcano. Liesel enjoyed blowing out the sparkler. Afterwards, we went home to open presents. Since Brent and I are pragmatists, we got Liesel a piggy bank and rolls of quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies. If Liesel's old enough to understand the concept of money, we figure it's time she learn to save. We also gave her a $2 bill as she leaves her "twos". Liesel happily filled her piggy bank with her birthday money while Brent and I smiled at each other. When it comes to financial responsibility, you can't start them too young!
The piggy bank itself was not just any piggy bank! I scoured Etsy to find someone who did personalized piggy banks. One person's listings caught my eye because her lettering was nice without looking too homemade. I contacted her and asked if she could put Liesel's name on the piggy bank and some edelweiss for an extra-special touch. Like many people, she had never seen edelweiss and asked me to send a picture. She even asked me if we had her room decorated in any special colors so she could coordinate with them. I couldn't be happier with the final product! Neither could Liesel :)
1 comment:
I love how she says "Cheese!" when you ask her certain questions on camera. She's gotten so big!
Post a Comment