Saturday, October 26, 2013

One Contrite Kid

This morning Brent was reminding the girls about their responsibilities to make their beds, tidy their rooms, brush their teeth, etc. Apparently this all rubbed Liesel the wrong way because she handed Brent this note:

Brent and I feel strongly about presenting a united front to the girls when it comes to matters of discipline. We don't tolerate sassing of any kind. Since Liesel was in such an independent mood, I let her have breakfast alone in her room. Perhaps a bit of contemplation was all she needed because after breakfast she handed Brent the following three notes:



That last one gets me. Whenever the girls make a bad choice and they've apologized, I always tell them something along the lines of "Let's try to have a better day" so we all move on. Usually I feel like those words dissipate into the air and are immediately forgotten but apparently they're getting through at least a little bit.

Although Liesel has her moments of testing our boundaries (which I understand is the norm for her age), she has an extremely tender heart. Those last three notes speak a lot more to her personality than the first one, for sure. I love that little girl!

No comments: