Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Goodbye to Kinderfarm

With a heavy heart and a wistful sigh, Ireland's year at Kinderfarm came to a close. Oh how she loved that place! She learned loads of stuff, made a ton of friends and she grew... literally. Mrs. Lehman measured her at the beginning of the year and then again today and Ireland went from 3'1" to 3'3.5"! I couldn't be more grateful to her teachers and the staff who gave her memories she will cherish for a lifetime. Really, there's no preschool like Kinderfarm. It was a perfect fit for our sweet, rambunctious, curious, little preschooler.
Ireland with her afternoon teacher Mrs Lehman and her morning teacher Mrs. Rogers.
I'll never forget pickup on her first day of school when she burst into tears at seeing me because she wanted to stay. Over the course of the school year, pickup became my favorite part of the day. I could usually find her down on the swings, proudly wearing her "chore boots" and when she said goodbye to her friends, they'd all close in for a group hug. Ireland was once terrified of Lucy, the tiny dog that roams the classrooms, but now she pets her absentmindedly as she walks out the door.
Saying goodbye to her favorite animal- Pearl the Pig.
I think the best part of Kinderfarm is that when Ireland told me about her day during the ride home, Liesel was just as eager to hear about it as I was. Being the oldest, Liesel usually has the most interesting stories but Ireland was able to brag about her own day without Liesel dismissing it as a been there, done that. Anytime I didn't have either of the babies with me, Liesel always wanted to physically go and meet Ireland so she could see a bit of Kinderfarm herself. I loved that my girls were having separate but equally exciting educational experiences.
With Diana- a member of the staff who is always this cheerful
I decided to stop by Scratch and let Ireland pick out a cupcake. Of course she picked out the one with lots of little M&M's on top. As she licked away at the frosting, she momentarily forgot about all the sad goodbyes.
I'm sooo sad to see this school year end! 

No comments: