Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sydney's May POTD

My little monkey. The bottle was so big she held it in place with her hands AND her feet!


Sydney had been rolling around on the bed when she apparently got tired and just rested her head on my belly. Somehow, it caught me off guard so I put down my book and just stroked her little noggin for a while. 
Sydney's little tongue comes out when she's really excited about something.
I know this photo looks like it's sideways but it's not. Sydney twists herself around to look up at me and flash me her cute smile.

I took the girls to Olive Garden and Sydney started to fuss so I gave her a bread-stick to gnaw on. She looooved it!


Part of my job as Sydney's mom is to keep her sisters from smothering her to death with love. 

Oddly enough, I feel the weight of motherhood the most when I see my children sleeping. They look so delicate, so innocent, and so beautiful. When I see them like this, I'm overwhelmed with a desire to not screw it up. But of course, I'm totally screwing it up!
Sydney in the blanket my dear friend Natalie made by hand. Wrapped in love, you might say.

2 comments:

Sylvia-Louise said...

I don't know how you get anything done. I would just want to snuggle her all day long.

Laney said...

The picture of Liesel and Sydney is so so sweet!