Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hello Seattle!

Ever since Whitney moved to Seattle for her job with Microsoft, I've been wanting to make a visit. Just for fun, I was checking flight availability a few weeks ago. I was thrilled to discover with my frequent flier miles, I was able to book a long weekend for all of $5. The timing couldn't have been more perfect! As much as I love my girls, I desperately needed a break. However, seeing them like this just before we headed to the airport made me miss them before we even said goodbye:


There was all kinds of healing in the huge hug Whitney gave me at the airport. Oh how I love my sistow!!! Even though she's the youngest, I knew immediately she was going to pamper me and spoil me and do everything in her power to ensure I had a fantastic visit.

Whitney and Tim took me right over to this restaurant which had this amazing chalk drawing in the entrance. The food was delicious and filling and just perfect since I hadn't eaten anything all day.
We talked about grown up things over breakfast. I almost felt the synapses in my brain firing as they wiped the kiddie-speak cobwebs away. Not once did I have to wipe a face or clean up a mess or ask anyone to put their pants back on. Whitney and Tim seemed to value my opinion! I even got to eat my entire meal while it was still hot. Heaven I tell you, heaven. 

Whitney and Tim live near the Freemont Bridge which has a troll living under it. In one of his hands is an actual VW bug. At first I was sure I was seeing things, but when I popped up there for a picture I saw that yes indeed, it's an actual CAR under his hand!

Whitney whisked me away to the HUGE Sephora downtown. Oh how I needed that girl time! We were there for so long the salespeople stopped asking if they could help us. Whitney shared lots of her beauty secrets and turned me on to the Bite agave lip mask. She also gave me free reign over all her cosmetics, brushes and hair tools while I was in town.
Isn't she a doll?
This trip to Sephora earned me V.I.B status. I may have a problem when the card holder out and out states I have a "beauty addiction." Still, it was fun to browse, swatch, sample, ask for samples, get a second opinion and at checkout be told to "have a flawless day."

Whitney suggested we get sushi and I was 100% on board. Brent's not the biggest fan so I rarely get to eat sushi but never in my life had I tried "crunchy sushi" which was AMAZING!!! I mean, it was amazing. Despite his protests, I'm going to need to find a good sushi restaurant that serves this and drag Brent to it because the taste was unbelievable.
I haven't spent much time with Tim and it was lovely getting to know him better and hearing about his relationship with my sister. They're such a cute couple and let me tell you, they are going places.

No comments: