After church, we went to Kerry Park which isn't really a park so much as an overlook. I loved the plaque that explained it was given to the city of Seattle "So that all who stop here may enjoy this view." What a lovely thought!
And what a lovely view!
Whitney really loved showing off Seattle to me.
I know I've already mentioned it, but she and Tim are such an adorable couple!
Before leaving town, I had to see the Space Needle.
Can you believe this is the size of one of the motors that spins the restaurant on the top? Doesn't it seem a tad... small?
I loved the view of Mt. Rainier from the top. It's been a while since I've seen any mountains!
This is an overhead view of the nearby Experience Music Project building. Frank Gehry designed it to look like a smashed guitar in honor of Jimi Hendrix.
Mom has a thing about wearing sunglasses in pictures- she thinks it looks totally inappropriate and covers up the face too much. Seattle is actually incredibly bright, even when it's cloudy! I don't know if it's the high latitude or what, but I was pretty much living in my sunglasses the whole time I was there. In honor of Mom, Whitney and I had Tim take a picture of us sans sunglasses.
We stopped by Cafe Rio and aside from my own dinner, I got a burrito for Brent. They'd had more than one request like that and packaged it up specially for the plane ride. I packed my suitcase and we played bananagrams before heading to the airport. As I sat on the plane I started tearing up, then I started crying and before I knew it, I was sobbing. Whitney and Tim were so wonderful to me and saying goodbye was just hard. I'm so grateful they sacrificed their time and money to show me a good time and of course I'm so grateful to Brent for being so eager to make this trip happen for me.It was just what I needed.


.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment