I did feel secure that we had done our research. We rigorously reviewed school ratings. Brent called utility companies and got average, high and low usage figures. I contacted the county to see if any ferocious dogs were registered in the neighborhood. We checked the Illinois sex offender website to see if there was anything concerning nearby. I called the local police station and asked about crime in the area.
The schools are excellent. The utilities are doable. There are no pit bulls, doberman pincers or German shepherds nearby. There's no registered sex offenders anywhere near the area. The most reported crime is theft from unlocked cars in public parking. Not to mention we loved the house. The girls did too. Brigitta cried when we left after the initial showing.
While Brent and I were closing on the house, my father-in-law BJ watched the girls. He treated them for a light lunch and then met us at the house afterwards. While the financial obligation still weighed heavily on me, everything bounced back into perspective when I saw the girls playing in the backyard. Brent gave me a reassuring smile. Between the two of us, we can navigate any financial situation... we have before!
We are finally together again as a family and this is a home we will cherish. 'Nuff said.
2 comments:
Love the house! Congratulations!
Beautiful house! I love yellow houses! Congratulations!
Post a Comment