Thursday, April 02, 2015

Liesel is SEVEN!!!

Again Reagan obliged in taking Liesel's birthday photos. I wasn't sure about what to do to make her photo shoot unique to her when it hit me- this book worm just needed to be photographed with her best friends: a pile of books.





Liesel does that with her lips all the time. Classic.
I really wanted a picture of Liesel in nerdy glasses and Reagan happened to have these. Then she sat on them and they broke just before she started shooting. Luckily, she had this tape which worked out perfectly. It ended up being a better shot than I'd even hoped for!
Ah the crooked, wonky smile of a 7-year-old.

Oh how I love this one! Especially since you can see her adorable freckles.


Reagan told Liesel to make a silly face and she did this. For some reason, ages 7-12 are considered "tween" years but marketers treat them like full-grown teens. I've been shocked at the sudden change in clothing I find in the stores (i.e. bikinis, crop tops, tiny shorts, skirts the size of a napkin, etc.) but this picture shows the lingering innocence of youth. Liesel's funny expression while she's holding the stuffed bunny speak to the fact that yes, she is rapidly growing but ultimately she is still a child.
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!!!
Liesel really is the total package.
I hope she never dumbs herself down for any reason. She's smart as a whip.

This girl definitely has an introspective side to her.



Liesel is very comfortable in front of a camera. Even with the wonky teeth, she gives a beautiful smile. 
Somehow I like the photos that are not staring right into the camera best. Liesel seems so natural here.

I adore this one. Those are her "play" shoes and again, the photo shows how she's growing up but for now she's just a kid.
Like Ireland, Liesel had breakfast in bed for her birthday and we ordered an ice cream cake from Coldstone. We are really trying to keep birthdays a family affair rather than a blown out, expensive, kid-party but Liesel is mentioning the birthday parties of her friends more and more. Still, I think she had a good birthday this year, especially owing to the fact that she got her very own tablet. She feels oh so grown up with that little thing (with it's bright pink cover no less).

More and more, Liesel is becoming a sort of glue in our family. Now and again she'll mix things up with her sisters, but she's often found negotiating, sharing and mediating so everyone is as happy as possible. She's incredibly chatty and I'm convinced the only way she will ever plump up is if she becomes a mute. Liesel talks all through dinner while the food on her plate grows cold. Even Sydney now reminds her to "eat" when she gets going on a story. After spending a day at home with her sisters, I'm honestly excited to see her step off the school bus and listen to all her tales of the 1st grade drama at school. And yes, the reading. She reads on the bus, she reads in the car, she reads at the dinner table, she scours the book order form when they come in, she reads to her sisters, she falls asleep reading. Every. Single. Night. Liesel loves to read!

Seven is a special year for Liesel as we prepare for her baptism at age 8. We are reading the Book of Mormon together and more seriously discussing the doctrine of the church. Brent and I hope to prepare her to make this decision as independently as possible. More than anything, we want to make sure she understands the significance of baptism. It's going to be a great year.

Happy Birthday my Liesel Grace! We love you!!!

1 comment:

Laney said...

Normally I rarely see much of you in Liesel's expressions in her pictures, but in these I see SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! The candids where she's not looking at the camera are my fav's, too. She just seems like a little sweetheart. Love the pictures! They're varied and don't feel staged.