For Brigitta's five year photos, I hired one of my young women. I've been following her on Instagram for a while and love her sense of light and texture. I had full faith in her as a photographer.
I seriously love these photos!!! Ready? Here we go!
When Ireland had her five year old photo shoot, she was wearing purple pajama bottoms under my wedding dress. Brigitta just adores these socks so I wanted a similar photo of her showing a little personality.
The lights over Ireland's bed are on a timer. They go on for an hour around nap time and an hour around bed time. Once they click off, it's time to put books away and go to sleep. They just happened to be on during the photo shoot. I think they look so sweet there in the background.
I love how that little tongue comes out a bit when she's really focused on something!
This is one of my favorites. That long train with my little girl happily playing with the dollhouse at the end of it.
Ireland always gets a little annoyed when anyone touches her dollhouse- she likes it just so- but this is for posterity.
The next set makes me smile. Remember when Brigitta used to eat my lipstick? Especially the really expensive ones?
She's growing up, but that sweet curve of her cheek says she's still my baby!
Another favorite. You can see just a corner of the quilt made by her great, great grandmother Birgetta Katrina, who she was named after- a symbol of the past. She's gently lifting the wedding veil- a symbol of the future. There's just so much captured in this one photo!
The money shot. Framing this one!
Brigitta's baby blonde hair is giving way to a dark brunette. You can see both in this picture, along with those baby blues.
Brigitta was so excited for her photo shoot! Her sisters sneaked into the room in the middle of it and she basked in all the attention.
Brigitta was up rather early on her birthday and started yelling from her bed, "I'm awake now!" Brent had to hustle to get her breakfast in bed just so.
Portillos brought back their lemon cake for the summer. It tastes like citrus heaven so we ordered a whole one for her birthday.
YUM!!!
Brigitta really is such a wonderful girl! Every day she tells me I'm the best mom ever and that she just loves me. Believe it or not, I need to hear it every time. I can mention in the morning I have a headache and Brigitta will think to ask me in the afternoon if it's better. She has the most delightful giggle and when it's been a hard day, I ask Brent to tickle her before she goes to bed. We all end up laughing because of her delightful squeals. Although she is more prone to get swept up in the sister drama that runs rampant in this house, she tries so very hard to be a good girl and make good decisions. Brigitta is not a loner, she constantly seeks companionship. I can confidently say her blue eyes are from my side of the family. Every now and again, they take my breath away with their stunning beauty. On the one hand, it breaks my heart when she comes to me with big tears spilling down her soft cheeks because of the latest injustice. On the other, I can't wait to unleash her on the world and see her make her mark. Believe me, there will be a mark made on this world by the time she is through with it!
I'm so grateful for this darling girl of mine!



















No comments:
Post a Comment