The elevators in the Sears Tower rattle quite a bit and I was relieved to find the Hancock Center was a bit of a smoother, and faster ride. This explains why!
Another nice thing about not being in the Sears Tower, is the spectacular view of the Sears Tower!
Brent's office is kitty corner to the Sears Tower so we called him up and let the girls wave to him.
I tried to get a good photo of the girls together, but Sydney was distracted by the mirrored ceiling...

The guidebook suggested playing Count the Rooftop Pools with kids and I have to agree, I had no idea there were so many!

It felt strangely voyeuristic to see someone actually swimming in one.
Downtown to the South.
Whatever this gorgeous building is as well as the rest of Chicagoland to the west. There's got to be a stunning penthouse on that floor just beneath the big, black rooftop because the windows are gorgeous!
More of Lake Shore Drive to the North.
I definitely agree with the guidebooks, and I would definitely recommend the Hancock Center over the Sears Tower any day. We had so much fun, just by enjoying the view.

The American Girl Place just happens to be right across the street from the Hancock Center so of course we had to stop by and get a couple of new outfits!
Afterwards, I received a survey which came with another ticket once it was completed! While the girls were at school, Sydney and I took in the views once again.
On our way back to the car, Sydney and I spotted this incredible light fixture hanging over a fountain- which doesn't look like a fountain at all because the water is as smooth as glass.
I love finding special spots like this around the city!
No comments:
Post a Comment