Saturday, November 30, 2019

Visiting Santa


Sydney can be so mischievous and it cracks me up to see her turn up the charm and insist she's been a good girl all year long. 

She certainly looks innocent, doesn't she?

Brigitta made a futile attempt to get a puppy for Christmas- if ever a girl wanted a dog!!! 

Call me crazy, but I think Santa understood she wasn't going to be getting one and he was so, so kind to her!

Ireland gave an impassioned plea for the final Harry Potter books as she only owns books 1-4 and as an ardent Harry Potter fan she absolutely, positively needs to have the entire collection. Santa spoke gently to her and I love how she cocks her head as she listens to him.

Before heading to see Santa, Liesel came to me and said, "Can I not sit on Santa's lap this time?"

Whoosh! Tempus Fugit. 

I feel strongly that girls should not be forced into physical contact be it a kiss for an uncle or sitting on Santa's lap. I told her she could kneel in front of him or just stand a but behind him for the photo but he pulled her right on to his lap. She was a good sport about it but I think these trips to Santa are definitely numbered as the other girls start to feel the same way. 

It actually seemed she had a lot to say!

I love this picture because even though they have a space heater in that little house, it is always SO cold! This is a more accurate picture of what it feels like to visit Santa.

No comments: