Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Driveway Chalk Art

This is a Pinterest/Instagram idea I totally stole out of desperation to give the girls something to do while Brent and I hunkered down and worked. During my lunch hour, I put down all the tape and then enjoyed watching the girls color when I had to head back in to work. It took almost 5 rolls of paint tape!!! Although I divided the driveway into 4 sections so each girl could focus on one, it ended up being a labor of love for a lot of  neighborhood kids. Everyone is just kind of desperate for something new and different to do. 


Somehow I unintentionally managed to create a Pete the Cat in there- Sydney spotted it among the shapes and had to color that one all by herself.

She was pretty happy with how the whole thing turned out.


Ireland wanted to take on the rainbow.

Fuzzy hair and wellies in the middle of the summer? Yeah, the pandemic has definitely lowered our standards when it comes to dress and grooming.

Aside from Ireland, I think Gita was the most into it.

Let's take a closer look at that crooked smile.

Seeing the whole thing come together when the girls pulled up the tape was so fun. That's when it went from simple coloring to art. It looked like stained glass in a way.

The finished product was way more stunning than I anticipated. Aside from the joy of watching everyone color, there was also the joy of neighbors passing by and stopping to admire their work.


Should you ever consider turning your driveway into a work of art, just be sure to buy lots and lots and lots of painters tape!

Really, it was SO much tape!

No comments: