Usually I plan fun little day trips like this and sprinkle them throughout the summer. This one was born out of lockdown exhaustion and a need to see something other than our own neighborhood. For once I didn't care about cute, matching outfits or doing their hair just so. I basically threw them in the car and we just headed out.
It seems a lot of other people had the same idea. Even though it was busier than usual, it was still easy to social distance and keep to our own group.
We were looking for just a little bit of freedom, and perspective. I think we got both.
Liesel really wanted to do this picture again.
It was also good to get some vigorous exercise- look at the slope on that trail!
It was here, deep in the heart of French Canyon where Mother Nature managed to loosen the iron fist of frustration and fear, of ennui and uncertainty in their lives. The natural beauty enveloped them and they felt wonder again in what feels like forever.
There's just something special about this place.
Liesel loved posing along the cliff walls.
Let's get a closer look at her:
There's something about scrambling up those cliffs that they all enjoy. Sydney was a bit scared and it was cute to see one sister pushing her butt while another was grabbing for her hand.
This little waterfall/staircase felt so good to walk on.
We headed back home, muddy and exhausted but the girls had seen another piece of the world and I was reminded to be more grateful for the times we have been able to explore without abandon.
No comments:
Post a Comment