Brent sent me a lovely bouquet of roses for Valentine's Day. They cheered up my desk for weeks!
Liesel was supposed to turn in her Spirit Squad uniform and I wanted to curl up her hair and get a good photo of her wearing it. She was being so sassy and rude about it I said fine, I won't do it. I see red when my girls complain about my doing their hair. It's a lot of work for me and not all moms put in the time and effort. Suddenly Liesel realized she really wanted that picture but I was too busy curling Gita's hair- who was very sweet and grateful.
Sydney had mismatch day at school which always stresses me out a bit. Not because I can't handle the mismatched outfit, but because I'm always worried I've gotten the date wrong and everyone will think I've taken up huffing in the morning.
CrossFit has taught me many skills but it has also taught me that I sweat- a lot. I had to laugh that after this particular WOD you could see an outline of my body except where my bra and underwear soaked up my buckets of sweat.
Sometime Sydney gets tired and she just drops wherever she is. She doesn't need a chair, or a couch, or a bed. The floor is just fine.
Sydney wanted to send a birthday card to her Grandma Wuehler and she really wanted to address it herself. I was worried it wouldn't make it but the postman looked it over and said it would be delivered no problem. All the information was there!
After another year of hard work, Brent received news of a wonderful bonus and a promotion. We've had a rough couple of years so when he called me at work, I went down to the file room and cried like a baby. He happened to have the day off so I asked if we could meet for lunch to celebrate and this is how he spent it- resolving work issues on his day off! Ha ha!
Liesel softened a little bit about my doing her hair and opted to play with filters while I did rollers and curled the ends.
This is a project from Ireland's EC ELA class. Each student picked out a silhouette and then their classmates wrote one trait they saw in each other. The teacher filled the silhouette with those words to create a pretty cool piece of art. I'm kind of in love with this.








No comments:
Post a Comment