Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Mother-Daughter Date with Gita

Taking a page out of her sister's book, Gita sent me the following poll to ensure a Mother-Daughter Date:

Who wouldn't want to hang out with this girl? This is her self-description with the letters of her name and it makes me laugh every time I read it.

Initially I had opted to go to Chick-fil-a but they are still closed for indoor dining so we drove down the street to Portillos. We were still dressed up with a little bit of makeup though!

I love the chop chicken salad and Gita loved lining the pasta up on her fork.

Every now and again the light will catch the blue, blue of her eyes and I'm just mesmerized by them.

Just around the corner from us is the home of Grace Kinstler, one of the three finalists on American Idol. Our date happened to fall on the taping of her hometown visit and we noticed her street was blocked off and a huge limo was right outside her home. As we ate our dinner I asked Gita if she wanted to go downtown and see the celebration. Of course Gita was totally game.

Turns out we arrived at about the same time as Grace. The other stops on her hometown visit had gone long so we just parked the car and joined in the festivities. A few people spoke about her, the mayor declared it Grace Kinstler Day and she briefly spoke. We saw the drone taking footage and got to feel all the love in that crowd. It was really cool!

I love how Gita is always up for an adventure. Apparently she enjoyed our little date as well because she mentioned it in her journal (see last question).

No comments: