Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Mother- Daughter Date with Sydney

Let me tell you a little something about my littlest daughter- when she gets something in her head, she can be pretty persistent until she gets it. Of all the girls, she's gotten the most one-on-one time with me. I was still working when Liesel was a baby, Ireland and Gita always had a sibling around but as they grew older, Sydney and I found ourselves with chunks of time just the two of us. Apparently she had been missing that because she came to me with this: 

I mean how could I not mark yes when the picture she drew of us was so happy? A couple of nights later, she presented me with more polls:

When I hadn't pinned down a day, Sydney pinned me down on that as well- she even gave me 8 days to schedule it out:

I know she's really missed dressing up for church every Sunday so I opted for dresses:

She was so excited at the prospect, she immediately selected our outfits and hung them on the valet rod in my closet, even though our date was a week away. 

Finally the day arrived and dressed in our best, we headed out for some much-needed one-on-one time. 

Turns out Sydney's idea of a fancy restaurant is Lou Malnati's pizza (which is totally fine by me!). 

I'd forgotten how long a deep dish pizza can take to cook so we caught up while we waited and had some fun with Snap Chat filters. 

This was Sydney's favorite. 

This was my favorite.

At long last, the pizza arrived, piping hot. The buttery crust, stretchy cheese and ripe tomato sauce are always sooo good! I'm spoiled for all other deep dish pizzas!

I'm glad this little imp worked a mother-daughter date out of me. It was good to get dressed up. It was good to get out of the house. It was really good to get some one-on-one time with Sydney again. I think we both needed it. 

No comments: