Friday, December 31, 2021

December Tidbits

When we really held Sydney's feet to the fire about cleaning up she exasperatedly shot back: What's more important? Cleaning or my education? 

Not a big deal, but kind of a big deal- with everyone fully vaccinated we were able to attend church together as a family for the first time since lockdown.

With all of us back at church I started doing the Sunday programs again. A new bishop was called so the Stake President was bearing his testimony and stating he wanted us to know how much he loves and has faith in our new bishop and how he wanted us to know he knows the gospel is true and then he said, "And I want you all to know... I did find the hidden CTR ring in the program."

Brent, Ireland, Sydney and I all tested positive for Covid-19. Ireland was completely asymptomatic and Sydney had the sniffles for an afternoon. Brent and I got the brunt of it. He's not accustomed to being sick so it was hard on him but it created myriads of problems for me. Covid-19 triggered asthma and migraines. Even though we insisted we were getting by, Reagan and Doug Door Dashed us Lou Malnati's Pizza so we wouldn't have to worry about dinner and man alive- we were so grateful! 

We also drank lots of hot chocolate and tea to sooth sore throats! I received this mug from my ministering sisters.

I didn't read Harry Potter with Sydney for a little while before she was diagnosed with Covid-19 to try and keep her from getting it. Once she tested positive, there was no reason to keep our distance.
Sydney: Can we read Harry Potter tonight?
Me: Yup!
Sydney: YES!!! This is my favorite thing about Covid.

I tried to do an interpretive dance for Liesel to show my love for her since I can't hug her. When I was done she said, "OK, just... wow." 

Gita made us a Christmas gift at school and I love how she labeled it as being from "your favorite child." 

Someone at work posted the story that Taco Bell is offering a monthly taco subscription and someone else commented that everyone knows you should only rent Taco Bell- haha!

Me: I had a dream Leslie Odom Jr. simped me.
Ireland: What do you mean?
Me: He like, followed me around and was clearly interested in me. Like he wanted to kiss me.
Ireland: Hmmm, sounds like he was just stalking you.
Liesel: Yeah, that's just stalking Mom.

Walking into an appointment I was treated to cotton candy skies over a pond.

Me: Gita, why do you have to eat your dinner at such a glacial pace?
Ireland: Actually the glaciers are melting really fast!
Having environmentally conscious kids can really be a downer sometimes.

 Our fantastic neighbors invited the girls over for some cookie decorating. Lots of sprinkles.

A Dad joke from Sydney: Remember the guy who cut off the left side of his body? He's all right now. She also made a tower of macarons out of clay and I was really impressed how she went about it! She used a paper towel role and then blew it out from the opposite and. Not bad!


As Brent & I headed out for a walk, Ireland opened her bedroom window and yelled, "Are you planning another Disneyland trip?" Haha- the girls were stunned to discover all those walks we had taken were actually planning sessions for our epic vacation. But to be clear, that was a one-time thing and now we just take walks for fun.

Found Ireland had fallen asleep on her Chrome Book. I remember when she used to fall asleep reading books!

The personalized signs I purchased at Disney finally came back in their new frames and I found some Mickey ear holders. 


This section of wall has always looked bare and I'm thrilled it's full of happy reminders from that vacation!

The Wuehler's purchased these Christmas stocking holders for us from North Pole, Alaska and for years I've been meaning to artfully put names on them. I finally got around to it and I'm so happy with how they turned out. Right after I snapped this pic I realized I spell Brigitta's nickname with just one T, not two so I had to redo that one. As frustrating as that was, they went back into Christmas storage ready to go for next year and I'm so happy to check that off my To Do list!

Heading back to work after the holidays is always tough but when you have sweet notes like this, it's a little easier. I really love how Sydney had to cross out her own name and add mine there where she says Mom is the best. 
Love.

No comments: