Thursday, December 23, 2021

The Hottest Ticket in Town

For the past few years, the girls have put together a show for us just before Christmas. Brent and I love seeing all those expensive dance classes come in handy and the girls usually pick some kind of theme. This year they outdid themselves and the theme was Christmas Movie Marathon. They even went to the trouble to print up tickets and during intermission they autographed them for us. 

My favorite part of all these videos is the not-so-quiet whispers to turn lights on/off, move over there, start the music... something about that just makes me smile. Their dancing always makes me smile too. It's a tough job to raise girls with any modicum of positive body image these days. Seeing them unabashedly performing without an ounce of self-consciousness gives me hope. 

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Every Who Down in Whoville

The Grinch Got a Wonderful, Awful Idea

All I Need is a Reindeer

Brent took the videos while I tried to capture some still photos. Sydney had a costume change and floated around the room in this pretty dress.

He Puzzled 3 Hours, 'Till His Puzzler Was Sore

Bye Buddy!

Not only do I love the song Pennies from Heaven, but I really love seeing Liesel dance to it. She has a way of being fun a flirty- it's right up her alley!

You See Free Gum On the Street?

The Best Way to Spread Christmas Cheer

Gita had been sick in bed all day and she was still feverish and fatigued. Still, she danced her little heart out for us and I could tell she was really excited about this number. I love how her sisters help her with all the little props!

Setting the Trap

You Guys Give Up? Or Are You Thirsty For More?

Pretty good extension for a sick kid!

Hot Chocolate

None of the girls take Broadway but they definitely get the big movements and energy required for one!

Ireland gave us these after her performance. It's a little harder to make in person than it looks like it does in the movie!

Grand Finale

This was our favorite show from the girls BY FAR! With the dining room recently painted, twinkle lights strung up, paper snowflakes and the incredible performance we loved every minute of it. The hottest show in town was this private showing of the fantastic Wuehler sisters!

No comments: