We have been big fans of Girls on the Run for years. I particularly love their message of kindness and girls empowerment. We plan to have all the girls participate, but we knew it would really be in Gita's wheelhouse. She's also participated in her school's running program and been a top scorer for many years. Her legs are practically pure muscle- all that time at dance and on the trampoline maybe? Anyway, she was really excited for GOTR this year!
They choose their running buddy early on and she really wanted Brent to go with her. He threw out his back a few days before and it hadn't quite healed enough for him to pound the pavement so he was an enthusiastic supporter on the sidelines. He said Brigitta was phenomenal! He really wants to do it next year. We'll see if we can get him to wear a tutu like some of the other dads...
Gita was pretty spoiled with fantastic coaches who really made it fun. I was there for the practice run and they took such fun jumping shots. I can't stop laughing at Gita in these. You can tell she was having the time of her life!
She has one more year of GOTR and I can't wait to sign her up again! This is such a great program.
No comments:
Post a Comment