I was told the Diamondhead sunrise hike was not to be missed by several people who had actually done it. I've already mentioned the required reservation no one mentioned and this was our redemption day where we returned triumphant, reservation in hand.
Initially the hike seemed like a nice, paved, slightly uphill bike path. Then the pavement soon gave way to the dirt trail and things got a little harder. There was a tunnel in which the echoes of everyone breathing hard could be heard. I'd been told there is an option to go to the right which leads to a very long stairway or to the left. There were still stairs when choosing the left, but there were also a couple of places to stop and take in the view. Well, as much of the view as the darkness of early morning would allow anyway.
It was an awkward duck and kneel situation to get into it in the first place.
On the other side of this tunnel were the 99 stairs we'd heard so much about.
The mom smiled at me and as she made her way steadily up those stairs said, "Yes, ok, I can do this."
Finally we both made it down to the bottom of those stairs but I let the music play.
Finally we both made it down to the bottom of those stairs but I let the music play.
I joked with Brent on the way home that maybe just being in Hawaii means you get spammed? My phone was lighting up all the time!
There's really no better way to cool off from a hike than to spend time in the pool. I'm a huge fan of Sigfried and Joy on TikTok and they agreed to help me make a video so I could tag them. Not gonna lie, I rewatched this a lot and laughed every time!
After a lot of hair and makeup, we headed to the wedding venue for the big day! I knew Reagan would look stunning, but it was so good to see my mom all fancied up too! Katrina had taken Mom and Dad to a salon for some TLC the day before and then Whitney did hair and makeup that morning.
I barely saw my cousins growing up and I love it when the girls can get time with theirs.
They have some pretty fantastic cousins after all!
I'm getting ahead of myself. We were able to get a family photo before the official festivities.
Liesel came in on the arm of Clayton
Ireland with Logan
Brigitta and Sydney came together.
It was a huge wedding party but I think Reagan and Doug did it right by involving so many of the cousins because you can see they were positively thrilled to be a part of it. Gita and Sydney in particular were strutting their stuff and they looked adorable in their yellow dresses. I'm told Noah and Eli decided exactly what they were going to do just 15 minutes prior. It was fantastic, so funny and by far the best flower men entrance I've ever seen!
As a fan of the movie 27 Dresses, when the bride made her entrance, I decided to watch the groom instead. His reaction made me tear up a bit. He loves my sister so much and after years of heartbreak, that's all I want for both of them.
Everyone was brimming with joy for these two!
Mom and Dad looked so great!
Here they are with all their 17 grandchildren.
The wedding was at Kualoa Ranch and no matter where you aim your camera the view is stunning. Those lush mountains are almost unreal in this photos of these cute girls!
It was time to party and the girls had promised Reagan they would dance. Man alive, they made good on that promise! They danced until their feet hurt. The wedding party came down in their pairs and did a little dance to start things off.
For me this one was the money shot. Brigitta and Sydney don't actually get along very much. If there is fighting, 9 times out of 10 it is these two. Somehow the photographer caught them in their youthful joy dancing their hearts out. If you look closely, you can see neither of their feet are touching the ground. They are literally kicking up their heels!
This is getting to be the longest post ever so I'll try to wrap this up!
I adore this picture of Brent. It's not often that he completely lets go and thoroughly enjoys himself and the photographer captured it.
We danced and danced and danced. Dad even got up with his walker and bounced up and down and we all went wild.
This wedding was just everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment