Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Ireland is a TEENAGER!!!

 For the big 13, Ireland asked for a big, farm breakfast to celebrate.  




She also had her traditional pie instead of cake. I love how much she has embraced being a Pi baby! We did need to have an alternate pie for those on the Chocolate Challenge but everyone was pretty happy. 

Ireland is gracefully entering her teen years, for sure. She has an incredible sense of self that I sure did not posses at her young age. Ireland isn't afraid to stand out- she knows what's important to her and she sticks to it. More than one mom has contacted me asking that their struggling daughter spend a little more time with Ireland. Ireland is proud to be a geek and her education is a high priority in her life. Her work ethic is fantastic and there's no one I'd rather have by my side when tackling a project. She has incredible insight and I love our talks. She's also got a great sense of humor and she makes me laugh.


Over the years she has learned to manage her asthma well. She's working on making choices with her emotions- getting along with her sisters is a daily struggle. Ireland isn't without fault but my gosh we sure feel lucky to have her! I see a bright future ahead of her and she is well-loved by family, friends, teachers and church leaders. I can't wait to see what her teen years bring!

No comments: